Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Italy: The Final Days

So here are my photos from my final days in Italy, spent with my parents who came over to visit. This will not be the last post as I want to share some photos from Budapest and Istanbul as well.

My final meal at Terra del Sole, an emotional moment. My parents went right after they got off the plane to Italy. Here is a torta rustica and an arancino.


LARDO! One of the truly most delicious things in the world, enjoyed at the bookstore/cafe Eataly. With a little natural honey on top. Doesn't get any better than this.


Some type of cured ham in Verona. So good.


At this same restaurant, got a sampling of fresh pastas including a porcini riostto and tortelloni. The tortelloni - I think they were meat filled - were thin, delicate, eggy, so fresh - everything a northern Italian pasta should be.


Some king crab with white asparagus and yogurt (not particularly Italian, to be honest) at a beautiful lakeside restaurant near Verona. This was amazing! Sweet, briny, offset by the cool yogurt and fresh, lush white asparagus. Nice and pretty too.


My final meal in Bologna at Osteria dell'Orsa. We started with a sampling of their very rustic bruschetta, including mushroom and cheese, arugula and parmigiano, tomato and cheese, and I think the last one was sausage and balsamic. So wholesome and delicious.


My very final meal at the airport about to go to Budapest, a radicchio, mozzarella and tomato panino. Not the best ever, but not bad.