Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 13

Welcome to another day of eating.

Was really hungry when I woke up so I grabbed a prosciutto, tomato and mozzarella sandwich and a cappuccino for breakfast.


For lunch, went back to Il Giusto Punto (third day in a row) and got some more fiselle (see past two days for pictures). Still just as delicious the 3rd time through. Also tried the bombollini - the Italain version of a doughnut filled with cream. These were tasty but a little bready for my taste.


Afterwards we went to get tea and coffee at a nearby bar that has the most wonderful pastries - good place to know since I'm beginning to find that the pastries here are not always as good as the other food. I didn't get anything to eat, but I thought I'd share this mouth-watering shot of what Alessandra got.


Quick snack of bread and tomato.


Had a wonderful dinner made with produce we got at Il Mercato delle Erbe. Here's a photo of the inside - a lot of the stalls were closed tonight for some reason.


Reni and I made these DELICIOUS (sorry I seem to be overusing that word, but it seems to well describe just about everything here) little croustini things with toasted bread, Tuscan kale sauteed with spring onions and garlic and a beautiful fried egg on top (the egg yolks here are saffron-orange and absolutely, well, delicious). We also had some buffalo mozzarella (which simply doesn't compare to other mozzarella - its creamy and milky and delectable) with Sicilian tomatoes and arugula. Cookies and nutella for dessert!