Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 117

Used what I had in the fridge to make a really great salad - arugula, strawberries, blood oranges, pamigiano, and lemon with some toasted bread and speck! Really delicious and bursting with fresh spring flavors.


While I was walking by the Two Towers (a historical landmark in Bologna) in the center of the city today, some people were handing out what I am going to call "government apples." Part of a European Union and the Italian Department of Agriculture (according to the packaging), these are being handed out to encourage people to eat more fruit. They weren't bad. But just imagine these in the US. I can see the Fox News headline now: "ObamaCare health plan to force consumption of government apples at death panel hearings."


For dinner, what could be better than two fried eggs on toast with jam. I really don't think anything.