Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 27

Started today off with the classic: Pizza Casa. Got a pizza with tomato sauce, capers, olives and anchovies (I thought I was ordering artichokes not anchovies, but oh well). Pretty tasty.


Picked up a slice of mushroom pizza later.


For dinner, a bunch of us ate together at Ghigi (those of us still here for the break). I stopped at the Mercato delle Erbe and got some chicken sausage from a butcher and some radicchio to make my version of pasta al forno. I made it with penne pasta, bechamela sauce (which comes boxed here and is really good), sauteed the radicchio with onions and the sausage and added that, and then mozzarella cheese and parmigiano. This was really good and creamy. Had too much penne so I also made a penne, parmigiano, tomato and arugula dish that was good. Nick made some chicken to go along with it too. Everything was great and it was a fun dinner!