Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 31

So my grandparents left today, and for breakfast I had a light breakfast with them at the hotel again. We walked around Piazza Maggiore for a little today. It was a beautiful day out and everyone was dressed up for church, the piazza was really bustling. There were street performers, singers, etc...

For lunch I picked up a crepe at Bombo Crepe (various locations around Bologna), filled with brie cheese. Just what I needed - how could that not be good?


For dinner, I used chicken that we took home from the other night to make a sandwich. It had the roasted chicken, mixed greens, a little mayo, and my new favorite thing: Italian plum jam. This jam is smooth and creamy. Think of apple butter but with Italian plums. I want to put this stuff on everything!


Later, my roommate Gero made panelle, which are little chickpea fritters typical of Sicilia. These were great, fried in a little olive oil and eaten on bread.