Sunday, February 28, 2010

Day 49

I had a great lunch of a salad that I made from leftovers - it was basically Rita's salad with greens, fennel, orange and balsamic and olive oil. Also made a grilled cheese that was super tasty! What a perfect lunch...


For dinner I got to try some of Vanessa's delicious cooking. We had fresh spring rolls which are truly one of my favorite foods and which I think I literally ate about 10 of. They were filled with shrimp, lettuce, basil, mint, rice noodles, and carrot with a soy dipping sauce. There was also chicken dish of chicken simmered in a ginger soy sauce. This was incredibly flavorful, I wanted to drink the broth/sauce as a soup. It was such a nice change of pace to eat some Asian food, which I haven't had since I arrived. Thanks Vanessa!


For dessert, there was an amaretto fruit salad and a lemon cake. The fruit salad was so good, and the cake was sweet, moist and delicious!