Monday, March 15, 2010

Day 56

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from traveling around Italy. It's going to take me a few days to catch up on all the posts that I have missed. There's lots of delicious food to come (as always!), this time from all over the country. Check back soon for more updates!

Will

So started today off with some pizza for lunch from Pizza Due Torre (Strada Maggiore near Il Due Torre), which is really tasty, thin crust pizza. This one had mushroom and potato.


For dinner, Alessandra and I made a big Family Meal! There was a ton of food, so much in fact that my roommate Gero who joined us told me that it was more than his mom usually made (is that a good thing? I hope so...). We cooked all day, and then it was a really fun night, made all the better by great food. We started with some fried vegetables, including fried sage, artichokes, mushrooms, and zucchini.



For the main part there was a big buffet. We had roasted chicken, pasta with smoked salmon and zucchini, farro salad with tomatoes, cheese, corn and arugula, roasted potatoes and sauteed mushrooms. Here's a picture of the plate:


For dessert, I made some apple torts (two of them, so we ate one on the train the next day!), as well as some amazing torts that Alessandra made, one with nutella and one with plum jam. Yum!