Monday, March 22, 2010

Day 60


Sixty days in! We were in Rome this morning, where we had some pizza. This is really random, but we ended up going to the same little pizzeria, totally by accident, that I went to with my Latin class in 2005 when we came to Italy. This is not a well known pizzeria, so I was very surprised when we walked in and I recognized it immediately! I guess food works in mysterious ways...

Some flat bread, and mushroom pizza.



We took the train to Florence later. For some reason, a lot of stuff was closed tonight, but we found a little restaurant near the Mercato Centrale called Vecchio Mercato (Piazza del Mercato Centrale, 12/13, Firenze). I ordered pasta stuffed with potato with wild boar sauce. It was really good, the potato and pasta were not too much starch and the sauce, flavorful and strong, was really good!