Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 76

Today we went to Ferrara with my Urban Studies class, a beautiful city near Bologna. For lunch, we went to a very, very old Osteria called al Brindisi (Via degli Adelardi, 11, Ferrara). We're talking 1435 A.D. And you thought your neighborhood diner from the '50s was old.


I ordered one of my favorite dishes from the area, capellaci (literally "little hats") di zucca (pumpkin). These were really good, topped with butter, sage and parmigiano. Delicioso!


It came with some bread that is common to Northern Italy that I thought I would show. Gotta love the twisty shape.


After a long day of walking through the city, we had to stop for some gelato. I got two flavors, lemon and also a ricotta and fig that was amazing (which you can't see in the photo because it's covered by the lemon).


For dinner, I made some croustini. Some with tomatoes and basil, and some with chickpeas, red onion, lemon and arugula.


Leah made so delicious pasta with zucchini, mushrooms and parmigiano.


Then, to top it all off, Mark provided some stroopwaffels straight from Amsterdam. Thank you, Mark.