Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 82

For lunch, I used some of the leftover vegetable ragu (which is just sauteed zucchini, bell pepper and eggplant) with a fried egg on top.

The before shot:


And the after shot:


For dinner, a few of us went out to a little trattoria called Trattoria dal Biassanot (via Piella, 16/a). The interior is typical Italian trattoria, with old bottles on the walls and simple decor that is classic but not cliched. There are only three servers who are all very friendly, and the woman (I'm guessing the wife of the chef as it is a family run business) who served us was wonderful, smiling at everything we said. To start, we tried a little prosciutto which was very good. The little rock shaped thing is a fritter with some combination of cheese and olive and salami that was quite tasty.


For dinner, I ordered tortelli con zucca. This is quickly become what I always order when I go out, it is just that good. I was actually going to not order it and finally get something different, but then as I was deciding they brought it to the guy sitting at the table next to me, and it just looked so good I had to try it. Theirs was wonderful, with eggy fresh dough and savory-sweet pumpkin inside, all topped with butter and sage as usual. For whatever reason, this simply smelled amazing! And, well, it tasted just as amazing too. These little folded packets of goodness are just the best. Maybe next time I go out and they have this on the menu I'll try something else, but I can't guarantee anything...