Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 87

For breakfast, I ate some delicious pane di parmigiano that Alessandra brought me from her family's home in Umbria after she returned from Easter. This bread was amazing! A soft, eggy bread with pockets of melted parmesian cheese. I toasted a little with butter - oh so good. Thank you Alessandra!


For lunch I had some ravioli with mushrooms that I picked up from the supermarket.



Finally, for dinner, I used the parmesian bread again, but this time a little more creatively. I took the bread and basically made it into french toast - dipping it in egg which I had grated some more parmesian into to intensify the flavor. After making the parmesian french toast, I I topped it with some slices of salty mortadella leftover from the other night, fresh, creamy ricotta that I had picked up at the market, and the freshest-most-delicious-strawberries-ever that I also got at the market, mixed with a little lemon. It was salty, sweet, creamy, tart and super flavorful. Would be really nice for a brunch dish, and would work great with American bacon instead of the mortadella. I was also thinking prosciutto and figs and balsamic would work great with the parmesian french toast and ricotta as well. This was absolutely delicious and so satisfying.