Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 93

So my plan to eat only oranges and granola for the week since I was so stuffed from Paris was, well, an epic fail only hours after returning. I started out the day with some lunch at La Scuderia (Piazza Verdi, 2, Bologna) - discotecca by night, student cafe by day. Had some pasta with tomato sauce and mozzarella.


For dinner, I was planning on resuming my post-Paris diet until Alessandra offered to make seafood pasta. How can I say no to seafood pasta? It had spaghetti, fresh cherry tomatoes, pepperoncino and mixed seafood (squid, shrimp, muscles, and octopus, I believe. It comes frozen and packaged here, but is really good). This was absolutely wonderful! A great summer dish.


I made some fresh green beans from the market in a dijon, lemon and basil vinegrette. Yum.


Then, just to completely destroy my diet plans, Alessandra brought some leftover Easter bread that was great with a hint of cinnamon.